Friday, February 5, 2010

Thanks to Facebook and Google, I have been able to establish email communication with an old girlfriend from college, Cindy. What we have here is not a Leigh situation. This is not a girl on whom I had some adolescent crush. I dated Cindy in college. Dated far too briefly. For reasons that aren't important here. But I consider her one of the three loves of my life. But in many ways, the greatest mystery. What separates her from all of the other women I've ever dated is that I think she was genuinely spiritual. I don't think it was a put-on. She was the real deal. I once caught up to her in the rain between classes, and she was wearing a yellow rain slicker like you might find on Paddington Bear. She was unique. She was the epitome of beautiful to me in college. It was about as close as love at first sight as I've ever experienced. And she looks terrific now, tremendous for our age. I'm going to enjoy emailing with her. Today, and for today only, Facebook is the shit.

1 comment:

Mr. Blondie said...

I cannot help myself, Dave. I feel like I must try to damped your newfound enthusiasm for Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/n/?pages%2FCan-this-Goat-get-more-fans-than-Barack-Obama%2F471458670367&mid=1d93b28G58cbd3f1G16c7ab7G4c

Trust me, you'll thank me for this someday.