Saturday, February 13, 2010

It appears that the Father has gone crazy . . .

FATHER: Hi Everyone:

I hope that this email does not offend any pet friendly feelings and I have mentioned before that I am a pet friendly person and used to have a dog myself. The purchase of pet friendly salt is an issue that bothers me.

I feel that indivduals should take personal responsiblity for what they do...and what they own. this includes their pets.
I do not feel that this responsiblity should be a cost placed on the Condo Association. Perhaps we should charge a one time yearly fee on condo pet owners if a decision is made to purchase this salt. Everyone should not have to share this burden.

Our condo is a pet friendly condo. That means that we allow pets in the building. It should not mean that the Condo has the obligation to take care of them. That is the owners' responsibility.

The January 16, 2010 [Post-Gazette article] that Dave had referred us to a few weeks ago recommends that pet owners buy and use Musher's Secret on their pets' paws during the winter snow season. That's what should be done if they are that concerned about the health of their pets.

For these reasons I am not in favor of spending any extra money for pet friendly salt. This is not the responsibility or the obligation of the Condo Association but that of the individual pet owner.

1 comment:

ff said...

Wow. The Father is heartless.

Psalms 104:25, 27. Animals, both small and great...they all wait for thee to give them their food in due season.

But they better not wait for pet friendly salt!