Saturday, October 23, 2010

I have some news. Apparently, Jason Altmire is no longer a democrat. I heard on a political talk show that I was watching last night that any reference to the word "democrat" had been removed from his website. So, I checked it out. He has two websites. There is his official House of Representatives website (http://altmire.house.gov/), and then there is his campaign website (http://www.jasonaltmire.com/). It's true. The word democrat does not appear ANYWHERE on either of his websites. So, Altmire is no longer associating himself with the democratic party going into an election with a republican. He's neither a democrat nor a republican, although his campaign commercials suggest that he's a republican. I'll tell you what he is. A politician. If I was a member of his constituency, I would not vote for him. I wouldn't vote for his republican opponent, either. I simply wouldn't vote for either of them. Both candidates are presenting themselves as anti-Obama, so neither one of them would get my vote. And by poking around on his House website, I discovered the likely explanation for why he has been so adamant about voting against health care reform:

"Prior to his election to Congress in 2006, Jason spent 15 years in health care policy, working as a congressional staffer, a hospital association executive and for the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center."

No comments: