Monday, October 25, 2010

Before the Phillies game on Saturday night . . .


JIM: My daughter's birthday party is tomorrow from 5-7 pm. And then a bunch of little girls are coming back to our house for a sleep over.

DAVE: Yeah. Have fun with that. I hope you're prepared not to get much sleep tomorrow night.

JIM: What I am prepared for is missing the Phillies game.

Damn it.

DAVE: Good point. You're screwed, Mr. Blondie.


After the game . . .


JIM: I got to watch the game last night. The whole damn game.

DAVE: I just want you to know that I am here for you when you're ready to talk about it.

JIM: I'm not ready.

JIM: By the way, no matter who wins the World Series, I guess Benji Molina is guaranteed a ring. That's got to be a nice situation to be in. Fucker.

DAVE: There you go. Let it out.

JIM: What a terrible, awful weekend.

DAVE: Pitt won. Go Pitt!

JIM: I'll tell you where to go.

DAVE: Aren't you at least happy for Freddy Sanchez? Poor guy, stuck on the Pirates, and then World Series.

JIM: Dude can hit.

No comments: