Wednesday, January 13, 2010

DAVE: The daycare put a single ad on craigslist for a couple of new employees who would be working part-time for $7/hour under the table. They had over 50 responses, many of whom were from grossly overqualified, unemployed professionals. I may differ with the President on this issue, but the recession in this country will not be over until there are jobs for people, and I fear that that won't happen anytime in the near future. I don't give a shit what the other economic indicators say about the economy. We have created technology that has put ourselves out of work, and rebuilding infrastructure is not going to take care of that.

JIM: Send me the link. I'm ready to apply.

DAVE: Very funny. But this is a serious problem.

JIM: Yeah, that's it. I was joking.

No comments: