Sunday, January 31, 2010

At Penn Station East Coast Subs, when you place your order for take-out, they ask for a name for the order so that they can call it out when it's ready to go. So, of course, I always say my name is "Dave." It didn't take long for the regular employees of the place to recognize me as a regular customer. This one fellow who works there bellows out a big "DAVE" when I walk into the store. I think his name is Joe. Anyway, last night he was ringing up my large Philadelphia cheesesteak with lettuce, tomato, mayo, and spicy brown mustard, and we had a brief conversation about the merits of Penn Station East Coast Subs over similar sub places like Subway. We both agreed that Subway gives you very little meat, and the machine that they say makes their subs "hot" is little more than a glorified microwave oven that just makes the subs nasty.

No comments: