Friday, May 23, 2008

What the hail . . . ?

So, as I often do when I go shopping, on Wednesday afternoon I parked my little car at the far end of the Target parking lot so that I would have to walk a little extra to and from the store. It had been raining off and on all day in little bursts of showers, but at the time that I went into Target, it looked like it might be clearing up. I went into the store, purchased four items, and left, just as it was starting to rain lightly. No problem, I thought. I don't mind getting a little wet on my way back to the car. Halfway to the car and it really started to rain, so much so that I considered making a run for it, even though I was already getting wet. Then, BLAM!, the rain instantly turns to hail about the size of green peas, and I wasn't getting wet anymore. I was getting pelted by these little fuckers that seemed to be coming at me sideways! My hair was soaked, my clothes were soaked, my glasses were dripping, and all I could do was utter out loud the word "Seriously?!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My hair was soaked, my clothes were soaked."

Hmm, really? Sounds like a good time to me.