Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stalkers . . .

Helen: Do you know I have stalkers at the library? I do. I've shown up on craigslist a dozen times. We had to alert our main security in Oakland about it. Unfortunately they couldn't trace who it was. Finally, one of my co-workers wrote the guy and told him that we know who he is from our security cameras and if he comes in again he'll be kicked out. Nothing's shown up since. When I was a page I had guys follow me around, try to talk to me, and come back for weeks afterwards. I still have this one guy who comes in and leers at me over the magazine stands at the front of the library. Abby bought me mace.


Dave: You have stalkers? Good for you. I mean, I know that isn't PC or anything, but it does take a certain kind of person to get a stalker.

I had one once. It was ugly. She came to my apartment really late and wouldn't stop ringing the buzzer, so I had to call the cops. Nasty stuff.

Anyway, way to go, Helen. But keep the mace handy, just to be sure.


FF: HELEN is the Craigslist missed connections sections library girl!?!?!?! ( I like saying that -- missed connections sections) I read about her all the time. She is right. There are several creepy dudes out there that frequently post about her. What a small, and creepy, world. I want a stalker. This isn't fair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know...

The other guy called me "Helen from the library." (I no longer wear my name badge).

I will have to check it out. Thanks FF!