Tuesday, May 4, 2010

JIM: You want a light bulb that will last a long time? The next time a handicapped person calls you on the phone selling the lightbulbs that they guarantee will last 5 years, buy a box. I had some when I moved from Pittsburgh to here in 1996. I just changed a burned out light bulb about a week ago and I realized it was one of those I had bought while still living in Pittsburgh.

14 years!

DAVE: You just reminded me that I, too, bought a handful of bulbs from an organization for disabled people probably about the same time that you did. And those bulbs did last a long time. I don't have any more of them, but I remember having them in my last apartment before I moved into the condo. They used to call me to order more bulbs, and I kept telling them that the ones that I originally ordered were still working.

No comments: