Thursday, June 21, 2007

And this is what we've been reduced to . . .

I received this email this morning from my college roommate and best friend of many years ("Focker") who now lives across the state in Philadelphia with his lovely wife:

what type of toothpaste do you buy, and do you always buy the same one?

My response:

I change toothpaste all of the time. Presently, I'm using Crest Pro-Health and I rather like it.

FOCKER: you know, usually i like arm & hammer, but when it costs $4.59, and then you look over at a colgate or other brand that's selling for $1.89, what is a man supposed to do??? i can't really figure out the ingredients, so i assume they're trying to rid some inventory, and phase out the latest gimmick brand, so i just went with the colgate with "oxygen bubbles". can you believe it, "oxygen bubbles".

My equally as compelling response:

My dentist says that as long as toothpaste has baking soda, then they're all the same. I have not been impressed by Arm & Hammer's toothpastes. And they do cost more.

You just can't make this stuff up.

No comments: