Monday, June 7, 2010

Over the weekend, I took a look online at my Verizon land line telephone bill and decided that I could probably change my local calling plan from the UNLIMITED local calling that I've had for as long as I can remember to the BUDGET plan. Not only do I not make unlimited calls on my land line, I hardly make ANY calls on it. I needed the UNLIMITED plan when I still had dial-up internet, but I don't anymore. Like most people these days, practically my entire calling life exists on my cell phone. But like a lot of folks, I just can't give up my land line. I've trimmed my service down over the years, as my cell phone has become my "primary" number. First I cancelled my long-distance service. Then I cancelled Call Waiting. Now, all I want is a phone and a dial tone. Why do I keep the land line when I hardly ever use it? First of all, I have a cool phone number that I would miss terribly. Secondly, I like to have a land line in case of extreme emergencies when cell phones might not work. Thirdly, with my cell phone as my primary number, I like to have a secondary number that I can give out to businesses and companies, etc. who I don't necessarily want to have my cell phone number. It's a shame, really, because I really love my land line phone. When I found it online using my high-speed internet, I just had to have it.

No comments: