Tuesday, June 1, 2010

JIM: So, your boy Al is dumping his wife after 40 years. Think he's going for a younger woman?

DAVE: I don't care who you are, marriage for a lifetime is a hard accomplishment these days. If he's leaving her for another woman, then he is leaving her for Mother Earth.

JIM: I guess I shouldn't provoke you knowing your bromance with Al Gore. sometimes I just can't stop myself from poking the bear. And you know, it never turns out well for me when I do.

DAVE: It is because Al Gore lost the Presidency to George Bush that our country is in greater peril than anyone is even willing to talk about out loud. Bush becoming President instead of Gore was the final push I needed to stop believing in god. True story.

JIM: Maybe the whole situation was set up by God just to test your faith.

DAVE: If that was the case, then my faith failed. But letting Bush destroy our country over the course of eight years was too much for me. I believe that the United States would be a much better place had Gore won. And he did win.

JIM: Get over it.

wow, that sounded harsher than I meant it to be.

No comments: