Monday, March 29, 2010

DAVE: Rather than trade McNabb to the Raiders or the Bills, I think the classy thing for the Eagles to do is to let him finish out the one year left on his contract and then let him leave as a free agent next season.

JIM: Don't they owe it to their fans (and season ticket holders) to do what is best for the team?

DAVE: I hear they're only asking for a second-round pick. I don't like McNabb as a quarterback. Never have. But he's been a classy quarterback under the potentially suspect coaching philosophies of Andy Reid. I'd let him finish out his contact. It's not like he's over-the-hill and can't play. To trade him to the Raiders or Bills is . . . well, it's Philadelphia.

JIM: If it's time to move on, it's time to move on. I'm not saying that I know if it's time to move on or not. Just saying. McNabb has always been pretty good, and is a tough player who plays hurt. But if the Eagles think it is time to move on, then that's what they should do.

DAVE: It's not like McNabb has as many sexual assault accusations as Super Bowl titles. Okay, maybe a bad example.

JIM: Believe me, I remember well the long (losing) seasons of having quarterbacks like Rodney Peete, Bobby Hoying, Doug Pedersen, the Detmers...the list goes on and on.

But you can't be afraid to move forward into the future just because of what's happened in the past. If it is time for the Eagles to move on, then it is time to move on.

DAVE: I think the Eagles should at least trade him to a decent team: Arizona, Minnesota. But the Raiders?! Or the Bills?! Come on. That's just plain mean.

JIM: Well, the Steelers look like they are going to need a quarterback...

No comments: