Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today I wore a light, blue jacket that I hadn't worn in years. Years, I tell you. And I don't like the jacket. I mean, I like it, but it is too large for me, despite being the right size. I suppose the fact that I feel like I'm swimming in it is the main reason why I stopped wearing it. But apparently I didn't stop wearing it until after I met FF in the Fall of 2005, about this time four years ago. Today while I was wearing the jacket, I reached into the inside pocket and found two items. A stick of Wrigley's chewing gum (I don't know what flavor) that FF probably gave me one night because she was always giving me gum. The other item was the ripped half of a complimentary ticket to see "The Mikado." I must have worn that jacket the first night that I went to see the Gilbert and Sullivan classic that FF was in the process of directing when we met. I know that play backwards and forwards. Anyway, it's funny because FF came with me to REI when I went to buy a better-fitting light jacket. Which I did. And which I never wear. But I'm going to start because this blue jacket is done.

7 comments:

Mr. Blondie said...

Isn't it funny what you find in your pockets when you put on a jacket that you haven't worn in forever? I am always amazed by that, mostly because there is almost always something interesting in the pocketes of a jacket I haven't worn in a long time, but I never find anything interesting in the clothes I wear on a regular basis.

Dave said...

Very profound, Mr. Blondie.

Mr. Blondie said...

Don't think that I don't note the sarcasm in your response.

Where, oh where, are the comments from HelenW when you need them?

Dave said...

I don't think we're going to be hearing from HelenW anytime soon. She even "un-friended me" on Facebook. That's the first time that's ever happened to me in my short time as a Facebook member. It's so . . . dramatic.

Mr. Blondie said...

You never asked me to be your friend on facebook.

Dave said...

Yes, I did. Months ago. When I first joined. The friend request is probably just sitting there waiting for you to log on. I even told you about it.

Mr. Blondie said...

So you're going to try to force me to log on just to check, huh? I see through your devious plan.

By the way, I'm pretty sure it's "facebook", not "Facebook".
Dork.