Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's Thanksgiving and the window air conditioner on the second floor of my condo is still in. I always take it out for the winter, but I never did this year. Do you remember how it got chilly seemingly overnight starting on Labor Day, and how it never warmed up again above 80 degrees, and how it got cold early this year, and how we never really had Fall, and how we never had an Indian Summer? Yeah, well, I left my air conditioner in through all of that because I believed that it would get above 80 degrees again. But it never did. And now it's Thanksgiving. I've accepted that it is very unlikely that I am going to need to use my air conditioner again until Spring. But I think I'm going to leave it in this winter. There is already so much heat leaking out of this old house, and there are drafts everywhere. Leaving it in probably won't make a bit of difference.

No comments: