Friday, November 27, 2009

I like a firm pillow. The firmer, the better. But it's hard to find a really firm pillow. There are all sorts of pillows at all sorts of prices that claim to be firm, but the only pillow that I have ever encountered that was truly firm enough to accommodate my sleeping needs was the Laura Ashley ultimate support pillow. Yeah, that's right. Laura freaking Ashley. True, the pillows come from an unlikely source, and they are Laura Ashley, but the pillows are the best. FF turned me onto the ultimate support pillow shortly after we met in the Fall of 2005. They sell them at Marshall's and at Bed Bath and Beyond, and she came with me to Marshall's to pick out the right pillow. I got one, and I loved it immediately. I've had that pillow for about four years, and I recently decided that it was time to replace it with a new one. (One without all of my dribble stains on it.) That pillow and I have seen a lot over our years together, including a lot of time that I spent in bed when my depression was at its worst. But I've been getting some new things lately, and replacing some things, so today, while the hoards were flocking to the malls, I made my way to Bed Bath and Beyond (because I had one of those blue $5 off a $15 purchase coupons that appear ubiquitously in the mail) where I bought my new Laura Ashley ultimate support pillow. At the risk of sounding a little cliche, I find myself at a point in my life where I am leaving some things in the past and moving forward with anticipation. And when I go to bed at the end of my days, and lay on my side in the fetal position, my head will be resting on a Laura Ashley pillow. Ultimate support.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep! I have had my Laura Ashley Ultimate Support pillow at least 5 years. I think it's time for a new one... Charity

Unknown said...

Yep! I have had my Laura Ashley Ultimate Support pillow at least 5 years. I think it's time for a new one... Charity

Unknown said...

I am trying to find this pillow -- or a reasonable copy. Any chance that anyone still has the pillow and can provide the UPC number? (The UPC # is usually a 12-13 digit # found at the bottom of the bar code tag -- it is a number like 0 25695 00239 9)

Avon said...

We had ours for 15 years now....