Thursday, September 23, 2010

Over two days last week . . .

DAVE: I've decided that I'm going to root for the Tampa Bay Rays. I like their team and I like Joe Maddon.

JIM: Traitor.

We're going to kick your ass in the World Series again.

DAVE: How am I a traitor? I have never, nor will I ever, like the Phillies.

JIM: We're still going to kick your ass in the World Series.

I just learned that Mario has a last name. It is Mario. He is, in fact, Mario Mario.

DAVE: I have no idea what you're talking about.

JIM: MARIO!

From the Nintendo game.

DAVE: I'm 41.

With no children.

JIM: Yeah. So that means you were a kid when Mario was born. You never played Super Mario Bros. on Nintendo?

DAVE: Actually, I was never very big on video games. I had an Atari as a kid, but it never went any further than that.

JIM: I find it hard to believe that you've never played a video game with Mario in it.

DAVE: I did play Donkey Kong. I believe it was the Calecovision version for Atari.

JIM: Mario's first appearance ever was as a character in either Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong, Jr. I don't think he was called Mario at the time though.

No comments: