Thursday, July 29, 2010

DAVE: Barry Bonds was the best baseball player that I ever saw, and as you know, I saw him pre-steroids. But the motherfucker was so envious of McGwire and Sosa, rather than being content being considered the best all-around baseball player in the game, he had to juice. He had been my favorite player, even with the Giants, up until then. Now, I just think he's a joke.

JIM: Same here. I agree with all that. For many years, I used to stick up for Bonds when people ripped him. oops.

I can remember watching a skinny Barry Bonds hit .258 while batting leadoff his rookie year. I used to tell people all the time that he was going to be a future Hall of Famer and they would laugh at me.

DAVE: Well, the Pirates sure had high hopes for him, even then. But now, I suspect he will never get into the Hall of Fame.

JIM: That remains to be seen.

No comments: