Monday, April 26, 2010

Who is Brendan Donnelly? . . .

JIM: He's the 38-year-old veteran journeyman who they [the Pirates] signed to stabilize their bullpen this year.

You don't fool me.

DAVE: Dude, the name sounds familiar, but I'm REALLY not following the Pirates. Scores only. I'm genuinely ready and willing to let the current ownership sell the team to anyone who wants to move it anywhere they want. The Pittsburgh Pirates are a cursed franchise.

JIM: Cursed? Please. Being so melodramatic just doesn't seem to suit you.

DAVE: I'm not being melodramatic, so you're right that it doesn't suit me. I believe that the Pirates are a cursed franchise. Plain and simple. And unlike other cursed baseball franchises like the Cubs and formerly the Red Sox, I don't intend to wait around for the curse to be broken. I named my dog after Sid fucking Bream. I've done all that I can do.

4 comments:

Mr. Blondie said...

Update: In his first appearance as a Joker, Brendan donnelly gave up 5 earned runs in two-thirds of an inning last night. His ERA for my team: 67.51

I've got a few words for you about who Brendan Donnelly is...

Dave said...

I literally JUST saw the highlights of last night's game on ESPN. It did not sound like a good night for Mr. Donnelly. Or his team.

Mr. Blondie said...

Or my team.

Mr. Blondie said...

Updated update: Brendan Donnelly pitched to one batter last night, somehow was able to get him out, and got credited for the win in the Buccos big victory over the Brewers.

Woo hoo!!!! He's the Man!