Sunday, February 1, 2009

So, today is the big day. I have to admit that I'm feeling a little nervous with anticipation. The game is still six hours away, and I have to find things to occupy my time until then. I'm accompanying my parents to a party being held at the home of friends of theirs. I went to their house to watch College Bowl games on New Year's Day. They're nice people, and they have a 72-inch HDTV, so it should be pretty great watching the Super Bowl there. And I'm going to be watching the game in Florida, where the weather is a far sight better than it is back home in Pittsburgh. Granted, it's a little chilly here today, with highs expected in the low 60s. But I'll take it.

After arriving here on the night of December 16th, the time has finally come for me to head home. I made plane reservations last night to fly back to Pittsburgh this Friday. After spending so much time away, in Florida, with my parents, I am concerned about how I am going to react to being back home, in my condo, in cold weather, alone. But I'm trying not to worry about that today. And I want to try and enjoy my remaining days here as much as possible.

Go Steelers!

No comments: