Saturday, February 14, 2009

I've been back from Florida for a week, and it hasn't been a particularly pleasant time. I haven't felt as badly as I know that I can, so I'm thankful for that. And I haven't had overwhelming exhaustion. But as the week went on, I started staying in bed later each day. I have no structure. I tried to stick to the same basic routine that I had in Florida, but it's just not the same here. The major components of what helps me to feel all right are missing here: human beings. I am lost without the consistent, predictable presence of other people. Just having my parents around helped me tremendously, and I was very thankful for their presence. I've probably never been more happy to have spent so much time with my parents. Maybe that's just the thing that I need to be happy: someone (or someones) around me on a regular basis. I used to be able to manage as a person who lived and spent a lot of time alone. I thought that I liked it, given my general dislike for most people. But now, that characteristic which I was once seemingly comfortable with threatens to destroy me. I don't know what to do. I need to do something. I need to find things to do with my time, volunteer. But ultimately, I am still alone. And being alone is not good for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say that you're not alone, but I won't because I can't do it without it sounding really, really gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.