Saturday, February 28, 2009

I turn 40 tomorrow. As if I wasn't already in a reflective mood, that just compounds the situation. I am most reflective of the last year, which has obviously not been a good one for me. It was about this time last year that I first started noticing some of the symptoms of depression, but I managed to keep it together for a couple more months before the dam broke and I was really suffering. It's really just a lost year of my life. The time passed, but I accomplished very little, and I spent most of the year battling this force that has taken over my life. Of course, with such a milestone birthday as 40 just hours away, many of the people in my life will take this opportunity to express sentiments to the effect that this is the year that I recover and resume a normal life. I hope so. I really do.

No comments: