Monday, September 8, 2008

I lost about twenty pounds in the first few weeks after the depression became severe. I really wasn't eating very well. I had needed to lose some weight, so it was somewhat welcome. All of my clothes just hung on me, and those close to me commented on my weight. I've noticed, however, in recent weeks that I'm eating more and putting some of the weight back on. I'm not really thrilled about that, since I should probably be at my depression weight, rather than my non-depression weight. But my parents eat a lot, and now that I'm essentially eating all of my meals with them, I am eating what they're eating. I try to resist the seemingly ubiquitous cookies. But sometimes my mother buys peanut butter or M&M cookies that I can't say no to. When they leave for Florida in early October and I can no longer count on meals with them, I will have to make sure that I keep eating properly on my own. It's going to be tough. There was a time when I was able to manage it. Although I was the king of takeout. I'm not going to start making my own meals, so I guess I will go back to my old ways. Hopefully, I will eat decent meals without gaining back all of the weight that I've lost.


P.S. This is my 300th post.

4 comments:

HelenW said...

I'm a big fan of walking. It keeps me fit, it's a great way to get out of the house, and helps reduce anxiety and depressing thoughts.

For the first time in my short life I will have to depend on myself for food. I'll have a kitchen at my place in London but I have never cooked nor have had any desire to do much else but scramble eggs. So I may be in the same boat as you.

Anonymous said...

Happy 300th Dave!

HelenW said...

I was too excited to write about walking to read the P.S.

whoohoo 300th.

Anonymous said...

Cheers.