Tuesday, September 2, 2008

As more and more information about Sarah Palin comes to light, I become more and more certain that there is no way that John McCain and his campaign did anywhere near enough research on her background before selecting her. I don't care what he says. He screwed up. Even a pro-choice Republican like Tom Ridge would have been a better choice for his campaign, even if the conservative right wing of the party wouldn't have liked him. He certainly wouldn't have brought as much baggage to the campaign as Palin has.

And as much as I hate the sensational nature of some of the news floating around about Palin, I have to admit that I kind of think that that poor high school hockey player is being pressured to marry Palin's daughter. And now I hear he's going to appear with the Palin family at the Republican convention. That's just good stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should I even bother hoping that the American people will realize that Palin would be (in my humble opinion) a very bad VP. It actually makes me (and I'm not even being my usual overly-dramatic self here) physically sick to think that if McCain dies while president (v. likely) that she would be our president. For ---- sake (agnostic here), the woman got her first passport a year ago.

Anonymous said...

Why is McCain any more likely to die in office than Joe Biden? That makes him an unacceptab le vice-presidential candidate then too, right?

Anonymous said...

More serious I should think if McCain dies in office as Palin would take over whereas if Biden dies Obama would still be the president.

And has Biden had the same health problems as McCain?