Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday morning musings

You might think that at my age and level of life experience that there would not be that many lessons still to be learned. But recent events in my life have proven otherwise. And without going into any unnecessary detail (plus, it's none of your freaking business), let me sum of my thoughts thusly:

I have recently come to believe that while it may be easy to get really mad at someone about whom you care very much (friends and lovers), it seems to be hard to stay really mad at them.

Call it the effect of history together or the weight of the investment that you've both put into cultivating those relationships. But whatever it is, I hope that it's more common than I might have thought.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

The amount of energy expended to stay mad at someone isn't worth it. Especially once you're past a "certain age." Besides, when you love someone there is nothing to gain by retaining anger.

In my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should change your name from the quiet observer(quiet, really???) to the Sagacious Observer. Nice to see you embracing your sensitive side......

Dave said...

Thank you for the comments.

I'm a quiet observer to the outside world. Only a chosen few get to know what's really going on in my head. To call myself sagacious (aside from causing some of my vast readership to scramble for their dictionaries) would be flattering myself, which is not my intention.