Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hello, Feds? It's me, Margaret.

Have you been following this story? The one about the government's wire-tapping program and all of the folks who are suing because they think that they were targets of the program. Oh, that crazy George and his notions about what the government can do to monitor the behavior and speech of its citizens. I'm not talking about Bush, of course. I'm talking about George Orwell. You know, the guy who wrote 1984 and Animal Farm. Does anyone read anymore?

Speaking of animals as metaphors, I certainly hope that the government hasn't been monitoring me while I've been ordering monkeys from internet companies in Great Britain and Amsterdam. That would certainly suck. Oh, hold on. Someone's at the door. I'll be right back . . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very entertaining post for an unotherwise dreary wednesday morning. cheers.

Anonymous said...

i can't figure out how to edit my comments! so here is an addendum: unotherwise = otherwise . . . although, say "unotherwise" several times as fast as you can. it's fun. maybe it SHOULD be a word.

Dave said...

Hey, you're pretty funny. Maybe you should have your own blog.

Anonymous said...

the blog world couldn't handle my dramatic life.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that, brother.