Monday, August 24, 2009

Maybe it was yesterday's cool temperatures and dark clouds in the afternoon. Maybe it was the realization that football season is almost upon us. Maybe it was the change in the energy around the East End because of the recent return of so many of the students who reside there. Maybe it was the start of classes for many high school and college students today. But all of those things combined foretold of the impending arrival of Fall. And a sense of renewal. Of beginning. And so, with only these things to blame for my behavior, I did something today that I vowed that I would never do. Something that represents so much of what I hate about the ubiquitous presence of technology in our lives. Something that three friends had previously invited me to do. I joined Facebook.

Hell freezing over is sure to follow.

4 comments:

HelenW said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Blondie said...

Wouldn't writing a blog represent so much of what you hate about the ubiquitous presence of technology in our lives?

Dave said...

Actually, no. I don't take my blog with me everywhere that I go. But thank you for playing.

Mr. Blondie said...

But I DO take your blog with me everywhere that I go! Which means you are contributing to the ubiquitous presence of technology in my life.