Thursday, August 20, 2009

JIM: My wife got me tickets for my birthday for all of us to go see the Phillies-Braves on August 30. It was supposed to be a Sunday afternoon game, but I told her right away that it would probably end up getting changed by ESPN and the kids' first day of school is the next day.

We found out yesterday that ESPN picked up the game and the time was changed to 8:05. She doesn't want to go now because we don't want the kids out that late the night before their first day of school. I looked to see if we could exchange the tickets for another game, but every home game the rest of the season that we could possibly go to is either sold out or only has standing room only tickets left.

Looks like the compromise is that we are still going to go to the game, but I have to leave by 10:00 at the latest. Bummer.


DAVE: The Pirates never have their Sunday afternoon games changed to night games for ESPN. Although inconvenient, you are experiencing what it's like to have winning baseball. Damn you.


JIM: Don't hate me because my team is beautiful.


DAVE: Nice retort.


JIM: My pleasure. I don't often get accused of retorting.

3 comments:

ff said...

You and Jim should take your act on the rode.

Dave said...

What's a "rode"?

Mr. Blondie said...

From Merriam-Webster (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rode):

Rode:
Pronunciation: \ˈrōd\
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1679
: a line (as of rope or chain) used to attach an anchor to a boat

OR

RODE:
Ragnarok
Online
Database
Engine