Monday, August 17, 2009

I recently pulled an "old" pair of jeans out of my closet and wore them. Pants have a tendency to fall in and out of favor with me. I don't know why. But for some reason this pair hadn't seen action in a while. When I put them on, I found a small plastic bag in the pocket. When Sidney was living with me, I would carry little plastic bags in the pockets of my pants and my jackets so that I would always be prepared when Sidney did his business on a walk.

Over the last few days, I have been going through clothing that I don't wear anymore and getting a pile ready for Goodwill. Today I was going through the pockets of a very old light jacket before adding it to the pile. In one of the pockets, I found a balled up piece of paper towel. I knew immediately what it was. When I had my previous dog Fritz over ten years ago, I used to carry balled up pieces of paper towel in my pockets. I guess I hadn't worn that jacket since Fritz was still alive.

No comments: