Thursday, June 25, 2009

Did you happen to see President Obama last night on ABC, answering questions and talking about health care reform? I was very impressed with him. Not only does he seem to have an excellent grasp on the problems facing the health care situation in this country, but he is calm and cool, very articulate, and obviously very intelligent. And best of all, from his first day in office, his approach to the issues facing this country has been pro-active. There hasn't been a president who is this pro-active in my lifetime. Rather than waiting for problems to arise and having to react to them, he is trying to tackle them before they become crises. It's a smart approach to virtually anything, and it saves money in the long run. If the American auto companies had been pro-active in their business strategies, they might not have found themselves in the trouble they're in. I believe in President Obama. I think he knows what he's doing, and I agree with virtually everything he does. And that never happens. I can always find something wrong. But he's the real deal. He made promises to the American people while he was campaigning, and so far, he has lived up to those promises. One thing is for sure, he is really trying. Instead of sitting back and spending his summer in someplace like Crawford, Texas, he's out there everyday, working, pushing forward, talking to people, trying to make this country better than it is, and trying to make the future better than the path that it's currently on. Did I mention that I am really impressed with this man?

No comments: