Monday, January 26, 2009

In addition to the many other pleasures that I have experienced during my time here in Florida, as it turns out, I'm about an hour away from Super Bowl XLIII, which is pretty cool. By watching the host city of Tampa's local news, I'm getting a perspective on the Super Bowl (not to mention my hometown Steelers) that I would probably never experience otherwise. Not surprisingly, the Steelers are very popular here in Florida, as they are virtually all over the country. But I am rather enjoying the local news coverage of the team and the event. And although I would miss being in the same city as my beloved Steelers (because the Pirates just don't matter to me anymore), I have recently come to the conclusion that I would be very happy living in the Bradenton/Sarasota area of Florida. The summers may be sweltering, but I think I could learn to live with it. And Florida's not a red state anymore. Hooray for Florida!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember, Opie's makin' the Tampa talk show circuit Sunday AM...are you in the viewing area? Golly gee, I hope so.