Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I have been in Florida for 21 days. And the time is drawing near for me to return to Pittsburgh. And I'm torn over it. I have had a very enjoyable, relaxing time here in Florida. The weather has been fantastic, the time spent with my parents has been nice, and my time with Sidney has been, well, priceless. But I'm beginning to get a little bored, and my life back in Pittsburgh is getting to the point where it's going to need my attention soon. I wasn't sure how long I would be here when I left, but I brought 28 multivitamins, thinking that four weeks would be the maximum. Now that I've reached the three-week mark, I have to think about when I will return. Until the last couple of days, I have been able to avoid thinking about it. But now that it's crept into my consciousness, I can no longer pretend that I will not have to leave. Honestly, I don't really want to leave Florida. While there are things in Pittsburgh that I miss, my depression has not been a problem while I have been here. I have felt like myself. And it's hard not to be afraid that returning to Pittsburgh may open the door for a return of the depression. Just the thought of the rain, cold, and dark skies back home is enough to turn my mood sour. This situation is starting to trouble me.

No comments: