Monday, August 16, 2010

On Saturday night, I ran into the East Liberty Giant Eagle (which is always an adventure) to quickly buy two boxes of Popsicles and a box of Twix mini ice cream bars. I was in the mood for some frozen treats after such a hot and humid week. I grabbed my items and headed to the self-checkout lanes (which is also always an adventure). To my great joy, one was free, and I scanned my items. Just as I was pulling my wallet out of my pocket to pay the $12 total, a man came out of nowhere and approached me with his Access card extended and asked me if he could pay for my total with his card and then I would give him the cash. I said no. He stepped closer to me and said, "Why not? It's the same thing." To which I said, "It is NOT the same thing." And then I asked him to step back. And he disappeared back into the store. That's the first time that's ever happened to me.

No comments: