Thursday, November 13, 2008

My doctor called my mother last night and talked to her about my parents coming back to Pittsburgh to help me because I have really been struggling since they left, as I've said in previous posts. When I spoke to my mother afterward, she said that she was going to fly here possibly Monday, but she was clearly angry with me. When I asked her why she was angry with me, she said that she was angry because she has to disrupt her life to come help me. Now, I'm sure that my mother had a lot of things going through her mind last night after she spoke to my doctor: plane reservations, leaving my father and Sidney alone in Florida, wondering how long she was going to have to be in Pittsburgh, etc. But she still expressed anger toward me. I know that my family is weird, and some would say that they never should have left me alone in my condition in the first place. But they did, and now the situation has worsened to the point where my mother has to come back. I have no idea what's going to happen once she gets here. I hope that she will stop being angry with me for being ill. It's not my fault.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure her anger is temporary and will subside, or maybe you misread her anger and she is frustrated by not knowing how to help. I have never been afflicted by an illness such as yours nor has any of my immediate family or friends so it is hard to know how you are feeling or what to say that won't sound patronizing. I do know that you are a bright, talented young man, physically healthy with many good qualites.Perhaps you should find another doctor or treatment program to help further your recovery.