Sunday, November 9, 2008

I am extremely reluctant to call it a trend, but today is the third day that I have felt a little better than I had previously. It comes at an unexpected time, with the weather cold and the skies gray. And the person who represents virtually my only support system, FF, left on Saturday for ten days at Walt Disney World with her boyfriend and his family. But despite all of that, the last three days have not been awful. I even bought some new boxer shorts on Friday night. It was the first new thing that I had purchased since the depression became severe. I'm going to take the purchase of new underwear as a good sign, at least for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems you are way ahead of me, Dave. By a strange conincidence, my wife was just telling me the other day that I need to buy new underwear. I was reluctant to buy new, just because I thought I was content with the ones I have. But now you have me thinking that maybe I don't want new underwear because I'm depressed and I don't even know it.