Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hot Dave Saturday . . .

It's freaking hot. I was just outside with Sidney for our quick morning outing and it sure is steamy for 6:30. Fortunately, I was able to return to the comfort of air conditioning inside. What would we do without air conditioning? I don't know how people manage to live without it when it gets like this. Perhaps a fan or two blowing directly on you when you're sleeping can get you through the night, but what about the other times? Even with AC, I've been getting warm just walking up and down my spiral staircase one of the seemingly hundreds of times that I do that everyday. But historically, I have not responded well to extremely hot weather (Or extremely cold weather, for that matter. I just plain don't like extremes of virtually any kind). It's probably the number one reason why I could never live in a tropical climate in the summer like Florida (that is, in addition to it being a formerly Bush-run red state that stole the 2000 election from Al Gore). I certainly welcomed the arrival of warmer weather with spring, but this 90s with humidity business is too much for me.

I find it funny when you're visiting someone who keeps their AC on pretty high indoors on hot days like we're having right now, and you can't help being a little uncomfortable, even though it's sweltering outside. My father used to do that. My mother tells me that they have come to a compromise and that he doesn't do that anymore. I was visiting FF yesterday afternoon at the home that she now shares with her boyfriend, and after we were forced inside off of the back porch by the heat, we sat in the living room with the central air set to a comfortable level. But I was sitting under a ceiling fan that was churning at such a high rate that I actually felt a little chilly. But soon enough, I was back out in the car driving home, fighting the heat, humidity and, of course, East End drivers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you are fantastic!!!

a kiss for you, my dear friend!

god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?

Anonymous said...

you were "forced" inside? really? i don't remember it playing out that way.

Dave said...

It's called "poetic license," my dear FF.