Friday, March 14, 2008

Dave goes Downtown . . .

I've just returned from one of my rare, daytime trips to Downtown Pittsburgh, and I must say that I don't like going there. The Downtown skyline sure does make for a picturesque view, but at street level, it's dirty and dreary, and you can't navigate the discarded chewing gum mottled sidewalks without having to weave your way in and out of hoards of loud, often cigarette puffing folks congregated around popular bus stops. I see many more people milling about, waiting for buses than I see "business people" going about their, well, business. Maybe I don't go there often enough to have a true notion of what Downtown is like on a day-to-day basis. But from what I do know, I'm glad I've never had to work there.

I used to love Pittsburgh. I just don't anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try Grant Street about 12:00 - 1:00 on a warm sunny day, especially about the court houses.