Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tales from the city . . .

Sometimes when I take my dog Sidney out for a quick bathroom break in the hedged-in yard behind my building, I don't put trousers on. Now, I am wearing boxer shorts, which I think more than adequately cover me for a quick trip outside with the dog. When he goes number two, we have to take a short walk out of the yard to a dumpster where I can deposit his deposit. I have been doing this since I got him at the beginning of October without incident. My neighbors don't say anything, except when it's really cold, my one neighbor comments on the fact that I go outside in shorts. But that's it. And she's crazy.

So, yesterday I took Sidney out back, and he did his thing. We were walking briskly to the dumpster, where I saw there was a man rummaging through the trash. This has become an all too familiar sight behind my building, but I try not to think about it. I don't know if it's always the same guy or not, but it's not a pleasant thing. Anyway, the guy turns around and very politely says to me, "Sir, you're wearing underwear." To which, I replied with a friendly smile, "Yes, and you're going through my trash." Pause. "I guess that makes us even." He smiled, and then he said, "I guess it does."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put some pants on!

Anonymous said...

I wonder which weiner will be the first to get frost bite?

Dave said...

Oh, those wiener jokes never get old, do they?