Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The leaves are finally falling, along with my morale . . .

Oh, I just can't stand that little twit. But life must go on. And the blog must go on. I don't have much to say, I'm sorry to report, despite having been on hiatus for a week. I suppose on the plus side, I now have at least two more years of the Lukester's shenanigans to make fun of. There should be plenty of photos for that. But, really, I'm just getting a little sick and tired of business as usual around this city. And I'm really sick of high-end condos being built all over the place. Yeah, they're nice and all, but who's going to live in them? Downtown continues to be plagued by tons of empty office space; the "non-profit" giants of the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC continue to make lots of money and scarf up property, and they still don't feel particularly compelled to pay property taxes on their growing empire; and the Pirates just bloody suck. It's a beautiful city with a tremendous landscape, decent people, and a great football team. But is that enough?

No comments: