Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It's Election Day. Remember to vote early and vote often.

Yesterday there were two election messages left on my home answering machine. Unlike some voters, I did not get the taped message from Bob O'Connor's widow Judy endorsing the Lukester. Good thing. I did, however, get one from the Boy Mayor in which he introduced Dan Onorato to speak on his behalf. No surprise there, really. Onorato has been doing all the talking for months. Then later in the day, I got a message from Mark DeSantis. He spoke for himself.

I like him. Even though he is a Republican. But what does that even mean in Pittsburgh?! Sometimes the Democrats are more conservative than the Republicans. I'm told that the Lukester is pro-life and that DeSantis is pro-choice. In my opinion, they should both be pro-choice. But my guess is that despite the political label, DeSantis is more of a Democrat than the Lukester is.

No comments: