Thursday, July 24, 2008

One day at a time . . .

In the midst of what is turning into the worst summer of my entire life, I am still struggling with this depression. It really fucking sucks. I am functioning in survival mode, where I just take life one day at a time. It sounds cliche, but that's really how I manage. Everyday I stay in bed as long as I can in an attempt to make the day shorter, and therefore, more manageable for me. Then, my next big accomplishments for the day are brushing my teeth and taking a shower. After that, I need to leave my condo and go somewhere where I can be distracted from my depression. Sidney is now living with my parents while I try to get better. So, if I go over to my parents' house for dinner and a visit, then I can see Sidney and play with him. I commented to my Mom yesterday that spending time with Sidney is really the only time during the day that I smile and laugh. If I don't go over there, then I try to spend the evening with a friend, eating dinner and just hanging out. I'm certainly not at my social best. But I do try to make the best of the time away from the condo and my thoughts.

No comments: