Thursday, February 2, 2012

DAVE: Today, I am wearing a button-down shirt and a tie for the first time in a couple of years. I had to look for both, and then I was pleased to discover that I still remember how to tie a tie. After a couple of years, I was afraid that I had forgotten how to do it. Whew.

JIM: I know one way to tie a tie and that is it. I think every once in awhile that I should learn a couple of other knots, but really the only time I ever wear a tie these days is pretty much at funerals so what's the point?

DAVE: That's it. The last time that I wore a tie was to my aunt's funeral three years ago.

I only know one way to tie a tie, and I'm satisfied with that. What is the dress code at your job?

JIM: Theoretically, I guess it's business casual, but it's pretty lax. There are people who wear jeans and t-shirts every day and there are some who I don't think I ever saw wear shoes all summer.

DAVE: That's awesome.

JIM: For the most part, yes. But there are some people I work with who have pretty damn ugly feet.

DAVE: Yeah, I'm against the menfolk wearing sandals.

JIM: When I say no shoes, I'm talking no shoes. Bare feet in some cases.

DAVE: That ain't right at all.

JIM: Exactly.

No comments: