Friday, July 22, 2011

Take away Medicare and Social Security, but god forbid, don't raise taxes on the rich and don't take away our incandescent light bulbs. Did the republicans sign a pledge against CFL bulbs, too?


Incandescent
Thursday, 21 July 2011 10:20
Written by Rob Rogers

The light bulb wars have begun. Congress is considering legislation requiring higher energy standards for light bulbs. Some GOP factions (and Rush Limbaugh) are calling this a threat to our freedom. Really, that's where you are going to draw the line? Light bulbs? That is ridiculous. Government does the same thing when they regulate energy efficient appliances like washers and dryers. My biggest concern is ... what kind of light bulb will I draw when I show someone getting an idea? Those new spiral CFL bulbs are much harder to draw.

Charles Addams is one of my heroes. I had to draw Uncle Fester lighting it up!

No comments: