Monday, April 4, 2011

DAVE: The last time I went to Uncle Sam's, a regular cheesesteak was $6.37. I made an extremely rare trip during the school year into Oakland this evening [Thursday] for a cheesesteak. $6.79. Prices keep going up at a much faster rate than my pay. I think I may be poor.

JIM: There was a front page story in yesterday's [Thursday] paper that the CEO of Wal-Mart says that there is going to be significant inflation soon. Prices of basic necessities are going to start going up for consumers. Going up big time.

DAVE: I think the CEO of Walmart is correct.

For the first time, maybe ever, I did not watch one Opening Day baseball game yesterday. Not one. I really think that my relationship with baseball has deteriorated so much that my interest level is not very high. My "goal" for this season is to not watch one Pirate game on TV. I know that I'm not going to be going to any games. But this season, I am going to try and avoid even watching them at all.

JIM: I did not watch one Opening Day baseball game yesterday either. And, I didn't even miss the games because I was playing basketball, which is my normal Thursday night activity. I stayed home from playing hoops to spend a little extra time with the kids before leaving for the weekend. Then, after they were in bed, I sat down and watched Grey's Anatomy with my wife. The worst hour of television I've ever seen in my life. It was a musical episode where all of the characters sang sappy songs instead of speaking their lines. Unbelievably horrible. And I watched that instead of baseball.

No comments: