Friday, March 11, 2011

DAVE: I can't believe that LinkedIn is still going. I thought even less of that than I did of Facebook. I really just kind of thought it was weird and awkward, the whole thing. A friendster for business associates. I need to get on there and delete my lame profile. You and I may even be connected through that. I can't remember the two or three people that I did that with when I was essentially forced to sign up.

By the way, by some coincidence I'm sure, after watching "The Social Network" for the second and decisive time, I deactivated my profile on FB. It's for women. At least that's how I feel about it. And sadly, I do judge women by how much time they spend on FB. Cindy spends FAR too much time on FB. It makes her unattractive to me. And that genuinely saddens me. I want her to be a fantasy woman from my life. I need one.

The Pirates have one night game during Spring Training (I turned down the invitation to go to the game with my father on Monday against the Rays.), and of course, at that one night game, there are, wait for it, fireworks. And even better than that, is that the last two seasons' fireworks nights have been rained out. And this year's is [Thursday] night, and the forecast for Bradenton is for rain all day. That's the Pittsburgh Baseball Club right there.

It's fucking good to be home. I miss Florida. I do. But I got to get on with my life. I'm not ready to retire to Florida.

JIM: What good is having high-speed internet if you're not using it to be on facebook???

No comments: