Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The ongoing adventures of Sidney . . .

MOM: I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Sidney dug a deep tunnel underneath the drain pipe and fence and ended up next door near his favorite bush. He was having a wonderful time hunting so I got his lead and went around the house and nabbed him and brought him in the front door. I quickly grabbed some blocks and plugged up the hole. His nose is so red and it does not seem to other him. I have a handyman coming this week to give me an estimate to brick in the rest of the patio. I have ordered two more fences so I can go straight across the back toward the chimney. I am removing the bushes and tossing the old ones and saving the smaller ones to pot them and have them on the patio for interest. I am going to get large pots so he does not turn them over. I think I will take up the lights in the back and try to get some sort of lighting around the table and perhaps get a floor lamp for reading for the other side. Hopefully all this will be done by the time you get here. I hate to take away his livelihood but his digging is tracking sand and dirt into the house and causing me havoc with the carpets. It is so cute to watch him outside because his tail is wagging very fast and he gets so excited at the prospect of hunting. I hate to take away his fun but enough is enough.

No comments: